Julie's Venetian Courtesan

Who doesn't want to be a Dangerous Beauty?

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well on my Way to Spider(WO)man

Finished the second sleeve tonight. It went much faster than the first. I only buggered up one part of the ribbon, right in the center, and was unwilling to rip in from all the edges to fix it. Clear nail polish did the trick. and you can't tell. Its in the pic. You'll never find where! Anyway, I attempted to mirror image the sleeves as precisely as I could (niter should love this), and I'm sorta proud of the (near) symmetry. hehe. And doesn't this look like part of a green spiderman costume?



I finally started sewing the neckline blackwork band onto my camica. Finishing my sleeves inspired me, as I need the REAL camica to do the poofing through the pearly slits. Huzzah!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Symmetry is always quite sexy.

I canno wait to see them both on the dress at the same time. I just love the quilty look they give!!! Awesome work.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Spider-WOMAN, thank you very much. Nobody would mistake you for a whiny male superhero in this get-up!

Um....I'm behind again. I got busy last night. Sigh.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Beth--very glad to hear you're still going strong after 5 yrs of marriage. But I don't think the world needs to hear about it.

Chuckle. I guess my mind really DOES reside in the gutter.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I said "behind" not "beneath" or "un-beneath" or whatever. Seriously, don't you consider logistics at all?

1:19 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Oh, sorry, it was the "i got busy last night" bit that i was referring to... ;-) Too "busy" to sew. What a good hubby...chuckle.

Not that this is important, but there are ways for a woman to be behind. Mostly requiring...um...assistance. And the majority of hetero males wouldn't appreciate such a caper.

DIRTYDIRTY! my blog is soiled. How dare I type that on my own blog?!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

You need one of those disclaimer statements: the views professed in the comments section do not represent those of the blog blah blah legalese.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home