Julie's Venetian Courtesan

Who doesn't want to be a Dangerous Beauty?

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Trim Color Clarification

Ah, for my accomplices. I know its hard to visualize my color choices from my drawings, especially on internet/wacky computer colors. This should give a better idea.

Here is what it would be like in the first sketch--my fabric with bold redhuedpurple trim. I think this looks very rich and sumptuous:



This is what I had in mind for the second sketch--orange velvet trim, but with a band of the purple:


And just for shits and giggles: what it would be like if the purple weren't there at all (less rich in color palette, i think). I am fairly certain i wouldn't go for this:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know you haven't heard this enough yet, so let me say again that i love your fabric. one time when i was backpacking with my husband, we found, at the top of an incredibly steep hill, a bench....a totally unexpected, totally bizarre, really well-constructed bench. some AT hiker had written "if i weren't already married, i'd marry this bench" on it. it seems an appropriate sentiment here.

i actually like all three trim combos. if i had to vote, i'd say i like the middle option just a smidge better. perhaps. this morning anyway. tomorrow, i'll probably give you a different answer.

happy monday.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home