Julie's Venetian Courtesan

Who doesn't want to be a Dangerous Beauty?

Friday, January 21, 2005

Corset In Waiting and Partlet Brainstorms

Sigh....I wait for boning. What an interminable thing. Okay, so yes, I only ordered it 2 days ago. But I want it now! Pout. And no, I didn't pay for fast shipping. So wait I shall. My frugality often defeats my impatience. So full of vices....

So, despite inactivity due to waiting, I have sewn the decorative outer fabric to my corset. It looks quite sharp, I think. I hope that I kept well enough to the stitch lines that I did not significantly shrink my boning channels. I ordered 1/2 inch boning, and made 5/8 inch channels in my design. So they better fit when it gets here. Great, now I'm worrying myself....
Anyway, I am not going to bore you all with pics of the still unfinished corset, even if I do think the outer fabric looks sharp. I will wait until I have the finished product in all its splendor. At least, I hope its slendor-ful when I finish...hehe

I am planning a trip to the store tonight to get more ribbon for the corset edging. It seems I'm rather stupid and didn't buy enough the first time round. What's worrisome is that I got it on clearance, so if they're out, I must find a new ribbon option. And I did so like the one I picked the first time round. I suppose I should also buy grommets or eyelets to enable the lacing of the corset. If I get a few other things I can keep myself busy while I'm snowed in this weekend. Apparently Maryland is getting a snow dumping. If only I had my boning I could finish my corset for snowy day diversion. Ah well....

As for partlet brainstorming:
It struck me the other day that an interesting way to do the partlet would be to bead it. I do not think it is strictly period, but it should have the right look (i am thinking gold beads with either pearls or a garnety color bead at the junctions). And, I think I can figure out how to bead a net faster than I could teach myself to weave one. Now I need to find a cheap place to buy beads so I can experiment with it--don't wanna drop too much, cuz I could be wrong about it looking right or my ability to figure it out. hehe. I am excited to try it, as I haven't seen anyone else do this yet, and so it'd be unique. So secretly proud of myself for thinking of it....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home