Julie's Venetian Courtesan

Who doesn't want to be a Dangerous Beauty?

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Permission Granted

Beth has kindly okayed my posting of her face and dress ALL OVER MY BLOG! ;-) As requested, I hereby promise not to include ones wherein she does not look stunning. Also, thank you to niter for letting me steal the photos from her far-superior-to-mine-camera.



I was so excited for this shot. It is my favorite of the whole day! Beth was very beautiful and intently listening to the talented harpist/vocalist. I think I snuck this picture. Either that, or she was very good at pretending not to notice. Doesn't she looks regal and serene? You can also see her pretty sleeves and bead clusters! Not to mention the spectacular horned hairdo.



Beth looking fetching in
a field. I tried to sneak
this picture, but she
caught me. Blasted
plastic trashcan. At
least her skirts cover
most of it.



coy--I like this picture cuz it looks like we're checking out/flirting with some off-screen fellow. And I'm pretty sure that fellow was Beth's husband. No worries, dear, I know he's taken.


lovely ladies


Actually paying attention to the photographer this time.


Elisabeta and I waiting for costume judgement. I'm making a sour face from the sun, but the dresses are worth posting. This was BEFORE drunk guy came. And, I just noticed that beth's hair compliments my dress quite well. ;-)

And, a series of "action photography" courtesy of Niter. Here, we are playing ragball. Which is like hot-potato and musical chairs all in one. Running in these dresses is warm, I tell you:


ragball--action beth!


ragball, action Julie!


Don't we look lovely while waiting for the ball? And the big plastic trash can. Again. Isnt it lovely?


Beth in her stunning-ness. And my butt. But also a decent shot of how niter cleverly braided and wove pearls into my hair. Huzzah! Thank you niter! Good servant girl. Oh, and hello, trashcan. sigh.

And lastly, the only of the two of us faking the whole musical thing that came out well (at least in my opinion). We are covering a very non-period green transformer box with our multitudes of skirts. Worked rather well. What didnt' work well was me fake playing the ren guitar. My E strings were grossly out of tune, and many of the pics are of at least one of the two of us making a hideous face. The hairspray loving nats didn't help, either....

guitar Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I love the ragball shots, thanks Niter! We look a great deal happier when we're not actually aware that there's a camera. Well. Except when we're standing in the blistering sun.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kendra said...

You both look simply divine!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Kendra--I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say thank you!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Elizabeth--
Yup, I was having tons of fun. Until the sun decided to scorch us in our huge dresses, that is. ;-)Then we quickly retired to the tent. Hehe.

Thanks for the kind words!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

julie! i found you! i had no idea you were a dressmaker, and such a talented one! i am really really impressed. anyway, just thought i would insinuate myself into your blog...
and i love the pictures... nice work.
love,laurel

7:59 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Hullo, my adventurous one! I have been drooling over your photo-albums for quite a while and haven't had the chance to write you guys! It looks like you're having an incredible time. Oh, and I wish you'd taken more pics of the renaissance people in Spain. :) For fairly obvious reasons...

Glad you found me! Stick around for clothing-Adam-in-pumpkin-pants adventures! Mwahahahaha. I'm an evil wifey!

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home