Julie's Venetian Courtesan

Who doesn't want to be a Dangerous Beauty?

Monday, May 30, 2005

Goodwill

I've recently been in contact with the very friendly and talented Lydia, and she has inspired me to look for findings/jewelry/buttons to accent my costumery. You'll notice in her gorgeous tudor that she found an absolutely perfect pendant/brooch, and this had me ebay searching for quite some time today. ;-)
Being the queen of instant gratification that I am, I tired of ebay and decided to give goodwill a shot before shelling out shipping. I picked up these 2 pair of earrings for $3 (the big gold ones are clip-ons, and the teardrops are post earrings). So yes, some instant love for me, but I'm still watching quite a few stunning things on ebay...



I think I will be able to alter these to my preferences. I especially like the look of the teardrop hooked to the bottom of one of the big gold ones. I'm thinking one of these would make a nice brooch for the center of the bodice like i've seen in some portraiture.

I was also quite happy to find several cups that interest me greatly for faire days. For hubby, a rustic pewter mug to match his scottish attyre, for me a pair of fancy silver goblets. The goblets had me ecstatic. They look hand etched, are from india, and are heavy and cleaned up very well with my anti-silver-tarnish cloth. A mere 3 dollars. YAY for goodwill!


cups Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Julie. :-)
Those earrings are perfect and the pearl dangle at the bottom sets it off just right. I'm a pearl freak too, luv them pearls!
Lydia

You know, if I'm going to be watching your diary I should probably get an account here!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Gasp! Those goblets....$3!!!

I've been trying to figure out what to do about a drinking vessel. I suppose my "rustic pewter mug" won't work so well, eh?

I just can't see my, erm....rustic little town....having that kind of thing at Goodwill, but I guess I can try. Then too, I suppose I can check the store that sells incense and anklets to the freshmen.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, and Lydia....if you decide to do a dress diary, I can assure you of at least two loyal fans. That Tudor is gorgeous.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Julebug said...

Hehe, the beginning of my jewelry collection....mwahahaha! We've created a monster! ;-)

I always check my yuppie goodwill with its silver section for such goodies. Beth--I'll keep an eye out for you on later outings! I looked this time, but only 2. Wanna borrow one for June? Adam won't need it.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Beth! I do have a dress diary for the Tudor but I haven't posted it yet. I keep saying I will put a web site together but haven't done so. I didn't keep much of one for the Venetian. Will try to do better with the Elizabethan!

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home